Statement of Faith
The following, though not an exhaustive statement of faith, contains key elements of the belief system to which Sully Christian School subscribes:
We believe in the infinite, personal God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit, which produces an individual’s response of acceptance of the gospel message, is absolutely necessary for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
We believe salvation is by grace through faith alone.
We believe the Christian life is possible only by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit enabling the believer to live a godly and sanctified life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the saved to a resurrection of life and the lost to a resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the unity of believers through the sharing of common life in Christ Jesus.
We believe that God offers redemption to all who confess and forsake their sin. (Acts 3:19-21, Romans 10:9-10, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
We believe that God creates each human as uniquely male or female, and that each person is made in God’s own image. (Genesis 1:26-27)
We believe marriage is the union of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union (Genesis 2:18-25; Mark 10:6-9). We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur between only a man and woman who are covenanted together in this unique union of marriage (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4).
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual or transgender conduct, bestiality, incest, polygamy, as well as orientation or identity with these behaviors) is sinful and outside of God’s will (Matthew 15:18-20, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
We believe that all human life is precious as created in God’s image. We believe this extends to the fetus, the aged, the physically and mentally challenged and every other stage of human life from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and cherish all human life (Psalm 139)
We believe that, while we cannot condone, endorse, or in any way participate in the expression of beliefs or lifestyles that are at odds with this statement of faith, all persons must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity (Mark 12:28-31). In this context, we do not believe that disagreement with another’s beliefs is to be equated with intolerance or a form of “hate speech”. While God sets clear ethical standards through His infallible word – the Bible – for which we are to stand without compromise, He loves all men and women, even those who reject His moral imperatives.
We believe that in order to preserve the ministry, values and integrity of Sully Christian School’s mission, and in order to maintain our fundamental convictions as based on the Scripture, it is imperative that all parents who enroll their children and all person’s employed by Sully Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, must agree to and abide by this Statement of Faith, including specific beliefs regarding marriage, gender, and sexuality (Matthew 5:16, Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
Statement of Purpose
The Sully Christian School Board will:
- Never compromise our beliefs which are based on the Holy Bible
- Offer a quality of Christ-centered education at an affordable cost to all committed Christian parents without regard to church affiliation.
- Always pray for the Spirit’s leading in decision making and provide a Christian Staff and Board.
- Require families to support the Sully Christian School through financial commitment, prayer, and personal involvement and not let finances be the final determinant of our educational program.
- Help prepare students to respond in loving service to God and their neighbors.
The Sully Christian Teachers will:
- Never compromise our beliefs which are based on the Holy Bible and pray for daily guidance.
- Model Jesus Christ in all areas of our lives.
- Treat each student as an image bearer of God.
- Provide a curriculum that is faithful to God’s Word and incorporate Gods’ Word in all areas of learning.
- Equip students to work in God’s Kingdom by nurturing them academically, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
The Sully Christian School Parents will:
- Encourage our children to have a personal relationship with Christ and serve Him joyfully.
- Pray daily for our children, their teachers, and the Sully Christian School.
- Work with my children to teach them to respect for their teacher, fellow students, and themselves.
- Work with the teachers to promote academic excellence by assisting our children with their homework and other projects.
- Promote the school through our positive words and by serving on committees such as fundraising, school board, etc.
The Sully Christian Student will:
- Work for Jesus in our school work and play.
- Obey and respect our teachers.
- Be good examples to other students and show our love to one another.
- Include all kids in our play and work.
- Develop our God-given talents and identity in Christ.
Statement of Philosophy
Through Christ-centered education, Sully Christian School will academically prepare students to develop the gifts God has given them and nurture students from a Christian perspective in the following areas:
- Relationship to the Lord
- Relationship to fellow man and woman
- Relationship to creation
Relationship to the Lord
The most important relationship is the relationship of the students with the Lord. The daily activities of Sully Christian School will strive to:
- Encourage the students in their relationship with the Heavenly Father.
- Help the students to understand the sacrifice of Christ and seek him as their Savior.
- Lead the students to seek the power of the Holy Spirit to direct their lives.
Classroom prayers and scripture devotions will supplement the instruction of subjects from a Christian world and life view. Each of these activities should lead the child toward the development of a personal relationship with Christ as their Savior, and in response, desirous of living a life that is pleasing to him.
“If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10-9
“He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his merey. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior.” Titus 3:5-6
Relationship to fellow man and woman
The Bible reveals the value that the Lord has placed on man and woman, creating them in his own image.
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created them.” Genesis 1:27
As a board and staff, we recognize that each student is to be treated as a child of God and that each individual is created in the image of God with certain abilities, capabilities, talents, understandings and interests. We will strive to develop these talents and abilities for each child and meet their special needs, to prepare them for service in His world.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
As students, creation in God’s image means that we will treat each other with love and respect.
“So in everything, do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.” Matthew 7:12
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you. ” Ephesians 4:32
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and your neighbor as yourself. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these. ” Mark 12:30-31
Relationship to creation
The foundation for instruction at Sully Christian School is the infallible Word of God. The authority of scripture encompasses education and all of creation.
“The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.” Psalm 24:1
Every sphere of life is part of God’s creation. Sully Christian School will educate children based on a Christ-centered perspective in each area of instruction. Students will be instructed to understand that the authority of the Lord extends to every subject, every area of life and every day of the week.
We will help students understand how God has revealed himself through out creation and build a foundation for lifelong Christian service and stewardship